Last Updated: Friday, 29 January 2016 07:30
Public Policy Reformers and Leaders
This category of scholarship seeks to increase the application of appropriate policy, practice and resource allocation in relation to sustainable, pro-poor development within federal and provincial government agencies.
Profile Specific Eligibility Criteria:
- This category will target applicants: who are mid to senior level government employees working at the Federal and Provincial levels, who can demonstrate motivation and capacity to promote systemic governance reforms resulting in improved policy practice and resource allocation relevant to pro-poor development.
- Applicants will come from central Ministries at the Federal and Provincial levels, and be able to demonstrate the capacity to substantively influence government policy.
- Scholars must demonstrate their commitment and ability to return to key positions where they will directly influence changes in public policy.
- 50 percent of the total number of awards will be allocated to female applicants. Applicants living with disability or who are working with people living with disability in the priority sectors are particularly encouraged to apply.
- be an employee of a central Ministry at the Federal or Provincial level
- be able to provide a No Objection Certificate to take up the scholarship in January 2017, from their employer
- be applying for a course that is relevant to governance and economic growth (e.g. public administration and management, development management, disaster management, development administration, public sector financial management, social administration, taxation studies, entrepreneurship and enterprise development, trade policy development and trade-related public administration)
- meet the minimum eligibility criteria and submit a personal statement
- have a minimum of five years relevant work experience in the public sector
- have achieved the minimum IELTS or TOEFL scores
- submit a personal statement that clearly articulates how the proposed field of study could add value to government administration that benefits poverty reduction and is persuasive about motivation to sustain the commitment to make the contribution
- not be above 45 years of age at the time of submitting the application form
- Applicants living with disability, who otherwise meet the eligibility criteria, will be supported throughout the
selection processes and while studying in Australia.
The Australia Awards Office and the Australian High Commission
are the only appropriate authorised channels through which
applicants can apply for Australia Awards in Pakistan.
Australia Awards Pakistan
Level 1, Serena Business Complex,
Khayaban-e-Suharwardy-Sector G-5/1, Islamabad.