Last Updated: Thursday, 14 April 2016 06:48
This Short Course Award (SCA) targets Parliamentary Secretariat staff working at the national and provincial levels who are directly engaged with the management and support of Parliamentary Committees of the National and Provincial Assemblies, as well as the Senate. The participants will be middle to senior level government officials from the Pakistan civil services. They will be currently employed by the public sector at the federal or provincial level, or will be employed as officers on long term contract with the Government of Pakistan (GoP). Applicants will undertake a short course in: Effective and Efficient Management of Parliamentary Committees from the 16 May to 3 June 2016.
General Eligibility Criteria:
- be Pakistani citizens and currently residing in Pakistan
- not have applied for or hold permanent residency in Australia or New Zealand
- not be married or engaged to a person who is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence
- satisfy Australian Government requirements for entry to Australia
- be able to provide attested documents for processing a visa application to enter Australia for the duration of the SCA
- meet the specific eligibility criteria specified below for this SCA
- be nominated for the SCA by respective parent organisation/agency
- complete a Return to Work Plan with their supervisor
- be available to participate in the SCA for the entire duration.
Specific Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants who have the potential to apply the knowledge and experience gained through course participation on their return to Pakistan are encouraged to apply. Selected applicants will be required to complete their negotiated ‘Return to Work’ Plan, which will involve the implementation of observations and learnings obtained during the short course in Australia.
Female applicants and people with disability are encouraged to participate. To be eligible, candidates must:
- be professionals currently employed (or otherwise formally engaged) in Parliamentary Secretariats providing support functions to Parliamentary Committees of the National or Provincial Assemblies, or the Senate
- be currently employed by the public sector at the federal or provincial levels, or employed as officers on long term contract with the GoP
- have proven experience in the effective implementation of parliamentary services
- have at least two years relevant work experience with their current government department or a government department of equal relevance. Preference may be given to applicants with greater periods of experience
- be well positioned to apply and transfer the knowledge and experience gained through course participation on their return to Pakistan
- be assessed as having an adequate level of English to effectively participate in this short course delivered in English.