Last Updated: Friday, 29 January 2016 00:27
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary to complete the program specified by a university.
The following benefits generally apply:
- full tuition fees
- return economy air travel to Australia by the most direct route
- visa expenses including medical checks necessary for the Temporary Visa (subclass 576)
- a compulsory 4-6 week Introductory Academic Program covering information on life and study in Australia prior to commencing formal studies
- an establishment allowance to contribute to costs such as accommodation, books etc.
- a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by DFAT
- Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the award to cover an awardee’s basic medical costs. (This is for awardees only and excludes pre-existing medical conditions).
Subject to requirements and eligibility, entitlements may also include:
- supplementary academic support, if required, to improve a student’s performance to assist with academic success
- fieldwork costs for research purposes
- reunion airfare for awardees whose family does not accompany them.
For details on benefits and entitlements read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook, available at: http://aid.dfat.gov.au/Publications/Pages/scholar-handbook.aspx
Australia Awards Scholarships do not support completion of studies already commenced in Australia.