Last Updated: Monday, 08 December 2014 14:16
Scholarships are available only for courses that are listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS), which is the official Australian Government website that lists all Australian education providers that offer courses to people studying in Australia on student visas.
Scholarships are offered only for studies at the Masters level for a maximum of 2 years.
As Australia Awards Scholarships are development scholarships, applicants will be assessed on their potential to impact on development challenges in Sri Lanka in the specified priority areas – in addition to their professional and personal qualities and academic competence.
Therefore courses selected should be focused on addressing development challenges in one of the specified priority areas. Applicants should seek to justify their course selection by showing how the course content will address a knowledge gap in their work area/environment & in turn contribute to the develop of Sri Lanka in one of the specified priority areas.
- The Guideline for selecting a relevant course is available HERE.
- You should choose two course preferences. You are encouraged to choose two different institutions rather than two different courses at the same University. If your application for the first choice is unsuccessful, we will forward your application to your second choice.
- Applicants are expected to look for the Australian institutions that may provide the most appropriate course of study which meets their needs. Therefore, you are encouraged to consider study programs and universities preferences carefully before applying.
- You must find out information provided on institution websites, and ensure that the course is 104 weeks or less in duration; and that you meet the institution’s English language & other course related requirements. For example, if you are applying for a Master’s of Development Studies, please check what types of Bachelor’s Degree qualifications they expect from you. Those applying for a Master’s of Economics must verify whether they satisfy the advanced Mathematics requirements of the course.
- If you wish to follow a Masters by research, please ensure that you satisfy the University’s requirements of having a research background.
- The “CRICOS code” of your chosen course must be entered in your scholarship application form. You must search for this code on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) at http://www.cricos.deewr.gov.au
- If you are selected for a Scholarship, the Australia Awards Office in Sri Lanka requests for a placement at your preferred University on your behalf. Sometimes you may be granted exemptions thereby reducing the duration of your course. For example a 2 year course may be reduced to 1.5 years. Please be aware that our policy is that it is mandatory to take up exemptions where they are offered.
We will not consider requests for changes to selected courses after applications are submitted.